Magical World Of Harry Potter
Welcome to the Magical World of Harry Potter! Please login or register now! Enjoy
Welcome to the Magical World of Harry Potter! Please login or register now! Enjoy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a fan forum for all Harry Potter fanatics worldwide.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hogwarts201
Deputy Headmaster
Deputy Headmaster
hogwarts201

Hogwarts Points : 5005

PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY? Empty
PostSubject: PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY?   PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:54 pm

There is still one movie left, what do you think about Professor Severus Snape. Is he a good guy or bad guy? Pls feel free to post your comments here
Back to top Go down
bellatrix
Slytherin
Slytherin
bellatrix

Hogwarts Points : 4929

PostSubject: Re: PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY?   PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:13 am

SNAPE IS A GOOD GUY @hogwarts201

I always was very suspicious of Snape and I really thought he had doouble crossed Dumbledore at the end of book 6 so for me it was a complete shock that he turned out to be good.

And I think that he is good. Yes he was fascinated by the dark arts and all that, but in the end he had enough love in his heart to finally do the right thing. JKR always repeats that love is the strongest magic, and I think Snape is a good example of that. That's what set him apart from Riddle.

How brilliant was it though that Harry insisted on calling Voldemort by his hated Muggle name at the end though? Makes me laugh every time
Attachments
PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY? Attachmentsnape.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(59 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
bellatrix
Slytherin
Slytherin
bellatrix

PostSubject: Re: PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY?   PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:28 am

Snape's true loyalty was one of the most significant questions in the series up until the end of the final instalment, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Although the first five novels depict him as unfair and vindictive towards Harry and his friends, he invariably ends up protecting or otherwise helping them when they or their allies are in danger.

Several characters express doubts about his loyalty, but Dumbledore's trust in him is generally taken as the final word. The sixth novel, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, departs from that model. In the second chapter, Snape claims to have been working for Voldemort ever since the latter's return, and only pretending to help Dumbledore.

By killing Dumbledore toward the end of the novel, Snape seems to place himself firmly in Voldemort's camp. Rowling maintains this impression through the early chapters of the seventh novel. However, near the climax of the book, Snape leaves Harry his dying thoughts (to be viewed in the Pensieve) and ultimately reveals to Harry that he had been loyal to Albus Dumbledore throughout the series.

Snape's loyalty to Dumbledore stems from his fierce devotion to and love of his childhood friend, Lily Evans, Harry's mother.

Attachments
PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY? Attachmentharry (39).jpg
(20 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
bellatrix
Slytherin
Slytherin
bellatrix

PostSubject: Re: PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY?   PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:32 am

Dumbledore wasn't pleaing for his life from Severus in book 6 though, he was pleading for his death. He was in pain and was going to die and if Snape killed him, he could save Harry and Malfoy.

I guess I just had faith in Snape. I think part of it was that there was so much animosity between Harry and Snape that there had to be a bigger reason for it. It was a resent rather than hatred.

I loved that Snape was best friends with Lily. Right before he died, I loved how he plead to Harry to look at him so he could see Lily's eyes once more before he died. By the way, I heard that if you read carefully, Snape never looks Harry in the eye through the entire series until the moment of his death.
Attachments
PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY? AttachmentSNAPE ALSO.jpg
(17 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY?   PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PROFESSOR SNAPE - GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY?
Page 1 of 1